Adds JIRA 6.2 support, plus other minor fixes
February 27, 2014
If you are upgrading from Dataplane 1.5.2 or below, Dataplane must do a full rebuild of the Dataplane index in order to take advantage of the features in this release.
On installation of this release, Dataplane will automatically begin rebuilding its index in the background. While normal JIRA use will not be impacted, you will be unable to run Dataplane reports until the rebuild is finished. Upgrades from 1.6 or above do not require a reindex.
- This release adds compatibility with JIRA 6.2, including the new Creator field.
- fixed additional permission problems that prevented users in a mixed-case user group from being able to access a report shared with that group.
- fixed a startup error that prevented Dataplane from installing itself when SQL Server was not configured to use a specific schema name.
- added graceful handling if the user attempts to click a drilldown link when not authenticated to JIRA.
- fixed an integration issue when using Dataplane gadgets with Confluence 5.2 or higher, which would could cause unnecessary OAuth permission dialogs to appear when showing the gadget
- fixed an issue that could cause the title of a Dataplane dashboard gadget to momentarily render using escaped characters while minimizing or maximizing the gadget.
Adds chart drill through, new chart types, new custom field support, and more.
February 6, 2014
If you are upgrading from an earlier version, Dataplane needs to do a full rebuild of the Dataplane index in order to take advantage of the features in these releases.
On installation of this release, Dataplane will automatically begin rebuilding its index in the background. While normal JIRA use will not be impacted, you will be unable to run Dataplane reports until the rebuild is finished.
- Chart Drill Through (beta)
- Hover over any chart segment and click the issue count in the popup tooltip to display all underlying issues in the JIRA Issue Navigator.
- Note: Chart drill through is in beta release and disabled by default. To enable this feature, go to Dataplane Reports->Administration->Dataplane Labs.
- Dashboard Gadgets
- Gadgets have graduated from Dataplane Labs and are now fully supported.
- Gadget editing now uses auto-complete for faster report selection.
- For reports with long names, it's now easier to distinguish between and select reports.
- Cancel long-running Dataplane reports in gadgets by hovering over the spinner bar and clicking the Cancel button.
- Configurable Chart Types
- Configurable chart types have graduated from Dataplane Labs and are now fully supported.
- Added the following new chart types:
- vertical bar chart (in Current reports only)
- normalized horizontal bar chart (in Current reports only), permitting users to see the relative difference between segmentations in different categories
- normalized vertical bar charts (in Current and date-based reports), permitting users to see the relative difference between segmentations in different periods
- Can now select a simple line chart in Time from Status to Status and Time to Next Status reports to omit the default min/max value shading.
- Support for additional custom field types
- The following new custom field types are supported:
- radio button fields (both current and historical values)
- multi-select fields (current values only)
- checkbox fields (current values only)
- The following new custom field types are supported:
- Drag-and-drop reordering of segmentations and fields
- When configuring a report, the order of chart segmentations or table report columns can now be easily changed with drag-and-drop.
- Automatic selection of End Date when configuring reports
- If the End Date field is left blank, a report will default to the end of the current reporting time period (either today or this week/month/quarter/year, based on the Time Period setting)
- New Dataplane menu
- The top-level Dataplane menu has been renamed from "Dataplane Analytics" to "Dataplane Reports".
- The menu now displays a list of the 10 most-recently-used reports, permitting users quick access to frequently-used reports.
- Major indexer performance improvements
- For many system configurations the Dataplane indexer is now 50-200% faster, and the database index size up to 60% smaller.
- More verbose indexer progress and statistics are now shown on the Administration page.
- Improved management of database connection pools
- Dataplane now uses up to 1/3rd of the JIRA database connection pool size (as defined in JIRA's dbconfig.xml), compared to the previous fixed limit of 8 connections.
- Manual tuning of Dataplane's connection usage can be performed by setting the JVM parameter "com.arsenalesystems.dataplane.db.maxConnections" to manually override the above calculation to set the maximum number of connections.
- Redesigned Administration page
- The application administration page has been renamed from "Configuration" to "Administration".
- Separate tabs have been added for application Configuration, Support and Dataplane Labs features.
- Fixed alignment of labels on the date axis for daily and weekly charts.
- Added proper locale-based sorting of accented characters in chart legends and tables.
- Indexer Improvements
- The indexer can now better process legacy data that was originally created with JIRA 1.x, 2.x and 3.x.
- Fixed the processing of work started, work stopped and work logged events.
- Fixed errors when indexing data for issues that were moved from one project to another.
- Fixed errors when processing events that had no changelog date attached.
- Fixed date basis default
- When creating a new report that supports a configurable Date Basis, the default value is now always "Created Date" rather than the alphabetically-first date field.
- Better temporary file management and expiration
- Implemented the cleanup of temporary files in the JIRA directory to conserve disk space.
- After running reports, the resulting charts, PDF, XLS and CSV exports will be cached for up to 24 hours, and drill-through results will be available for up to three hours. To access the resulting data after it has expired, users must re-run the report.
- We recommend deleting the contents of $JIRA_PROGRAM/temp before upgrading, in order to start with a clean slate.
- On SQL Server systems only, the Time from Status to Status now correctly includes decimal precision for "hours" fields. This feature was already available for other databases.
- Fixed an issue in the Issue Values by Date report where a time period of Weekly would sometimes plot the 53rd week of the year in the incorrect year.
- When setting sharing permissions for a report, Dataplane now correctly handles group names that contain uppercase letters.