Dataplane is currently available in the following languages:
If you would like to use Dataplane in your own language, you can now help us do that through our user-supported translations site! In addition, we encourage users to contribute fixes to correct any inaccuracies in existing translations, and to update the translations as new features are added.
There are two supported methods for translating Dataplane: the Arsenale Translations site and the In-Product Translations tool.
Arsenale Translations Site
Arsenale Translations is a site that allows end users to supply translations for Dataplane in various languages. Translations supplied using this method will be collected by Arsenale and included in subsequent releases of the product. The site allows you to easily translate the entire product, and it supports an easy web-based interface for updating each string.
To use the Arsenale Translations site, follow the steps below:
- If you do not already have an account, you must sign up. Otherwise, click on the Arsenale Translations link to log into an existing account.
- After registering or logging in, click "Main Application".
- Select a language.
- Start translating!
- Once you are done, let us know and we will be happy to include your work in the next version of Dataplane.
We are often able to supply a recent build of Dataplane that includes your translation (without having to wait for the next major release), so if you have put a lot of effort into a translation and you want to see it live, please let us know and we will try to accommodate.
The Arsenale Translations site currently supports German, Spanish, French, Russian and Japanese. If your desired language is not listed, contact us and we will be glad to add it!
In-Product Translation Tool
You can also use the JIRA In-Product Translation Tool to translate Arsenale Dataplane. One advantage of the translation tool is that it allows you to see your translations in near-real time.
To begin using the In-Product Translation Tool:
- Go to Toolgear » Add-ons, search for "In Product Translation", and install the add-on.
- Refresh the page in your browser.
- Navigate to Toolgear » Add-ons » Translation Administration » Access Management, then configure the list of JIRA groups that are permitted to perform translations.
- Go to Dataplane Reports » Reports.
- Click on your user profile icon (in the top right corner of the screen) and select "Switch on Translations".
- Use the pop-up to find and translate text on the current page.
- Repeat this process for other pages in Arsenale Dataplane.
- When you are done, go to Toolgear » Add-ons » Translations, and click "Download as Language Pack" to save your translations to a file.
- Email the downloaded language pack to Arsenale for inclusion in the next version of Dataplane.
Note that the in-product tool only allows you to translate visible text, so it will not provide 100% translation coverage. If you would like to use the in-product tool to get a head start on a translation, and then complete the remainder of the translation on the Arsenale Translations site, get in touch with us and we can help you transition from one to the other.